Monday, February 18, 2008

Solar Heat...



Thanks for waiting, everyone...I finally got over my busy life to give you guys some more awesomeness going on in the world of Between Your Sheets!

So, thanks to Tina Wainscott and all enthusiasts and everyone that posted with this last blog. Great stuff really. And always more good stuff to come from this author…

You may be wondering about the title of the blog. Well, for those of you who do not know, Susan Kearney recently had a new release on February 5th called Solar Heat. Check out the amazing book trailer:
This science fiction-esque novel involves dangerous desire that erupts between a sexy asteroid miner and a complex, powerful enemy spy named Aszla. Distrust, suspicion, and opposing loyalties come between saving the planet and their newfound love for each other in this steamy, un-Earthly novel.

For those interested in reading more about Kearney, check out her bio here. She also had a note to you guys, that I definitely must include..here it is, for your reading pleasure:

Hi Everyone,

Whenever I get the chance, I always like to tell people about the books I
write. Are they a romance? Oh yes. Is my hero delicious? Of course. Is my heroine smart? You betcha. Is there lots of action and hot sex? Absolutely.
So after 50 books you'd think I'd be famous, right? Wrong. :-) You see I happen to have a very secret love- I love to write about men and women from other worlds. ore specifically I like to set romance stories on other planets.
If you haven't stopped reading yet, maybe, just maybe, I can convince you to try Solar Heat.
Luckily for me the paranormal craze of vampires, werewolves and time
travel has made my books seem a little more acceptable. So has Star
Trek and Star Wars and even Terminator:The Sarah Chronicles. But the
truth is that before I wrote sexy, paranormal romances I wrote many
romantic suspenses an many of my readers tried my futuristic stories
because they trusted me. And lots of readers have told me they
actually love this kind of story. Now, we all have our auto-buy
authors. But if you're up for something a little different, if you want
a good romance and an interesting setting, give Solar Heat a try. And
then please write me and tell me what you think. My email address is on
my website.

Best,
Susan Kearney

As with the last blog, a lucky person will randomly be chosen from posting on this blog to win a signed copy of another release by Kearney titled Kiss Me Deadly. This one involves a very lucky lottery ticket and a twisted murder list…sounds quite tempting, really.

So, I would like to leave you guys with one thought…if you did win a really insane lotto (like the 30 million drawing on the 16th,), what would you do with the money? Just something fun to ponder…maybe while you’re relaxing, Between Your Sheets.

22 comments:

Dina said...

Hi Marla and Susan,

I love the title "Solar Heat" and the vid. So, there is life on other planets, eh? :)

This sounds interesting and I'll have to read more about it.

Caitlin Hoy said...

Awesome, I can't wait to try Solar Heat. I have read all of Susan's other books that I could get my hands on and I have loved everyone of them especially The Dare. If I had 30 million dollars to spend I would buy out all the book store chains I could out of the controlling stock for their companies. That way I would be comfortably well off for the rest of my life with money to spare while never running out of it and get free books for life.

Anonymous said...

Hello, can't wait to see what it's about!

Stacia said...

Haven't read anything by Susan yet but this book looks very interesting & has been added to my ever-growing TBB list.

If I won a huge lottery like the $30 million, I would buy a house, a new car & tons & tons of new books.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Marla & Susan, this book sounds fantastic. It will be added to my got to read list. I love the book video.
If I won a lottery I would do the usual family & friends thing. But there are so many places in the world that people lives can be touched with it also! So I would share it with people in need!
Tracy :)

Unknown said...

my cousin actually won a lottery back about 10 yrs ago. lol
i would like to be enter in the the wontest, needless to say, i wasnt a fav cousin of hers LOL

Susan Kearney said...

Hi Dina,
LOL! I've always thought with billions of stars there has to be life out there. And it sparks my imagination to wonder. To play . . . what if they are human like us. What if their world was smaller, their civilization older?

Susan Kearney said...

Caitlan,
Thanks so much. When readers tell others about my books it's the best compliment ever.
SueK.

Susan Kearney said...

For all of you who are willing to try a new author and book. Thank you. Books are getting expensive and there are so many choices. Please write and tell me what you think.

Speaking of winning the lottery--I actually wrote a book about this. Six women win a huge lottery, then are stalked by a serial killer and lose the ticket. it's a romantic suspense titled Kiss me Deadly. Since it was out last summer, it's not on the book store shelves but it's still in print so they can order it for you. And excerpts are on my website. Oh and there's another trailer that I made for this story there, too.
SueK.

Anonymous said...

This sounds really great Susan. Like Star Trek with a seriously hot romance. I will have to try this out.
JLeigh

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read Kiss Me Deadly last summer Susan. What a wild ride it was I didn't move all weekend. I totaly love it!
Keep them comming...
Lisa

acdaisy95 said...

I have not read any of Susan's books, but I certainly want to try one. Solar Heat sounds great. If I won the lottery, I would buy or build a house (with a huge library full of books) :), a car, take my parents and siblings to see my grandparents overseas, and other places.

Mandy said...

I read Dare and loved it. Solar Heat is a must read for me.

Susan Kearney said...

Thanks everyone. I have actually written one Star Trek book with a friend.

Anonymous said...

I love the blog Marla!
Susan, can you tell us about your next release?
Can't wait!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also would like to know what's next from Susan.
I have read many of her books, she delivers a awesome read.
Sherry

Marla Mae said...

Hey Susan!
Thanks so much for being involved with the blog..don't forget to pick one of these fabulous people that have posted a comment to be the winner of a signed copy of Kiss Me Deadly..and maybe give Cindy, Sherry, and anyone else curious at least a tiny hint of what is next to come from your highly creative mind... :)

bunniegrrl said...

I've never been much on 'otherworldly' or rather, other planetary novels, but I'll definitely have to try 'Solar Heat' out.

As far as what I would do with the 30 million, I'd pay off bills, go on a book and music shopping spree, then put the rest in the bank and let it collect interest (how better to use the money than to get more money?).

tetewa said...

If I won that much money I would take friends and family on a vacation to somewhere that the weather is beautiful, so we all could enjoy the fun in the sun. I would also buy a house and new car!

Susan Kearney said...

Sherry,
My next release is Dancing With Fire. It's another romantic suspense. There's a cover and excerpt on my website. After that is an anthology with a futuristic story.

And for those of you willing to try something a little different, I really appreciate it. That's how all authors gain new readers. So if you like these books, please tell your friends. And thanks for visiting the blog. I've had a blast.

Marla Mae said...

Thanks so much again, Susan! And thanks everyone..but I have to say that our winner to receive a signed copy of Kiss Me Deadly is....(drumroll)

A Charmed Bunny!

So, if you don't already know, congrats..BYS will be contacting you to get you your prize. :)