Sunday, April 13, 2008

Marrying the Boss




Greetings all! It is a great week upon us as the Romantic Times Convention in Pittsburgh will be taking place. I know I am excited to have a chance to go and add an interesting, new experience to my list of life accomplishments.

Ok, but now let's put the focus on our author of the week- Megan Kelly. Kelly's release this month titled Marrying the Boss will show you just how much more people can gain out of competition. Adopted son of a powerful Chicago family, Mark Collins, is trying to prove himself that he should gain the company, but soon wants more to gain the love of Leanne Fairbanks, the illegitimate granddaughter, who is just as eager to prove herself and gain the company. Sounds like a steamy romance will be what truly sparks the interest in these two go-getters!



Kelly began her love for Harlequin Romance as a teenager, and after years and years of writing, sold to American Harlequin Romance in 2007. She resides in the Midwest with her husband and two children, and is well-known at her local bookstore and library. To find out more about Megan Kelly, check out her website. Or, post to ask her questions..and you know the deal when you post...a signed copy of this release could be yours in just a couple weeks.. :)

So, for those going to the Romantic Times Convention, have a fabulous time..I hope to see you there! I will now close with my question for you all:

What do you think of dating of the workplace? Should an employee be able to date his/her boss? As someone who has dated co-workers before, I can't wait to see everyone's responses to this!

So everyone get a copy of Marrying the Boss..and enjoy your time to read and relax, Between Your Sheets!

14 comments:

Jane said...

Dating in the workplace is more accepted nowadays than previously. You spend so much time with your coworkers, it's natural that feelings can grow romantic. One of the drawbacks is if the relationship doesn't work out and you have to work in the same office as with your ex.

Dina said...

Like Jane has said, a romnance can be sweet in the workplace, but if it goes sour, can you really work together? I don't think so.

Have fun at RT. :)

Megan Kelly said...

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be here this week. I've also dated someone from work. The first guy didn't last, but the other one I married! So I guess I'd say your chances of happiness are 50%. :) Breaking up can be awkward, as Jane and Dina said. Seeing the first guy AFTER made us both uncomfortable. Let me know if you have questions or comments I can answer. Have a great week.

Caitlin Hoy said...

I personally prefer not to miss business with leasure but I also think it shouldn't be the company's choice to make. Though I do think there should be restrictions between the boss and employees because if the boss likes to abuse their power or gets mad and wants to break it off they could fire the employee and just give some lame excuse for the reason. When the investigation into the incident occured most people when asked would take the boss' side so they too wouldn't get fired. So though I think it should be allowed because of free choice; I don't think it should be unrestricted.

Maureen said...

I think it's hard to stop co-workers from dating since relationships are going to develop when people spend so much time together. Bosses dating their employees can be tricky because then you have possible legal problems.

tetewa said...

I had a bad experience by dating someone that I worked with and will never do it again. I also now several people that it worked out for the good. For myself I would probably never do it again.

Megan Kelly said...

Yeah, the boss thing can be tricky. In my book, who the boss is has yet to be decided, so their being together isn't an issue that way.

Marla Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Kelly said...

MARRYING THE BOSS revolves around a competition to see who will inherit the family business. This ups the tension in the boardroom and makes Leanne suspicious of Mark's interest. Have you known anyone who had a secret crush on her boss? Or have YOU? ;)

Jane said...

Hmm, I've never had a crush on the boss. Most of my bosses have been either older, married or female.

Unknown said...

Hi Megan, I am so looking forward to reading this novel. I think it is best for work to be work... But I will soon find out your take on mixing the two... lol

Anonymous said...

Romances in the workplace are common. I think it depends on the people involved-like if each is single and what job titles do they have, and would it disrupt he flow of business.
Joye
JWIsley@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Romances in the workplace are common. I think it depends on the people involved-like if each is single and what job titles do they have, and would it disrupt he flow of business.
Joye
JWIsley@aol.com

Megan Kelly said...

Thanks, Tracy. I hope you like the book.
Joye shares a good point. A romance is all about chemistry, but job titles and marital status play into it. LOL My romantic couples are always single. ;) But the question of "who's the boss?" is an important one.
I've had a fun time here. Thanks to BTS and Marla for letting me play while everyone got to go to RT.