Monday, July 7, 2008

The Desert Prince's Proposal



Hey everyone! Thanks for being so patient. You know how lazy a Florida summer can make you? Haha..well, I only wish I had time to just go to the beach and relax...::sigh::

Anyways, on to the exciting news! Our featured author is the lovely and talented Nicola Marsh. Her current release The Desert Prince's Proposal involves a prince named Prince Samman al Wali who is faced with the decision to choose a bride so he can be crowned king. When he decides to go for the highly modern, independent Bria Green, rejection was not a thought in his mind until she knew she wanted the powerful prince to not get all that he wants. But, could he tame her and make her his own? Be sure to catch this read and find out!



Nicola grew up aspiring to travel the world and become a journalist,and instead took a job in the health industry, but dealt with her desires to write by keeping a daily journal (side note: which, by the ways is AWESOME and something I've always done. So maybe I'll make it as a writer one day! :) Having decided to write her first book in 2001, Nicola has now published over 17 and sold over a million copies worldwide. Impressive! To check out more about her bio on BYS, just hop over here.

Now, I am sure most of you guys know the drill, but for anyone new, here is the fun part about the blog! Posting a comment will make you eligible to win a signed copy of one of Nicola's books! So ask her any questions, make any comments, or just drop in to say hi, and you just could be the winner! Also, Nicola has a contest of her own going on, and I'm sure she'll be glad to let everyone know the details. Here is the link to the contest You can also check out her personal website here.

Thanks to Nicola and everyone for being involved! Keep enjoying life, writing, reading, and staying cozy, Between Your Sheets! :)

22 comments:

cheryl c said...

Hi, Nicola. Wow, you have written 17 books! That is quite an accomplishment! Of those 17, does any one of them stand out in your mind as being particularly easy or difficult to write?

Maureen said...

Hi Nicola,
Congratulations on the new book! It's great that you always wrote even when you were working on something else.

Jane said...

Hi Nicola,
How's winter coming along in Melbourne?

Dina said...

Hi Nicola,

Thank for visiting with us. Congrats on your new book. :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Cheri,
I think my easiest to write was Two-Week Mistress (Harlequin Modern Heat) released last March.

It literally flew from my fingertips in just over that time frame (took me about 3 weeks.)

I love it when that happens!

Most difficult? Hmmm...I guess those books that take quite a bit of revising to get them just right.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Thanks Maureen.

I think it's exciting to keep working on something even while I was working elsewhere.
Helped keep me focussed :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

We're shivering at the moment, Jane!
Having a real cold snap.
We might even get snow on the nearby hills by the end of this week, and I live in suburbia!
(snow is rare for us :) )

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Thanks Dina :)

cheryl c said...

Hi, Nicola. You mentioned that the most difficult books are the ones that require a lot of revision. Do you ever resent it a bit when an editor tries to change your work? Have you ever had to debate over a proposed change? Did you win or lose the "argument"?

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Great question, Cheri!
I never resent an editor giving me revisions because I know they want me to make the book it best it can be.
It's amazing what a pair of fresh eyes can see and having editorial feedback is vital to tightening the book and taking it to the next level.

With debating over a proposed change, usually the changes are for the better. If there's a particular point I want to stick with, I'll discuss it with my ed.
As long as it fits in the overall theme of the book, the editors are willing to work with you.
Ultimately, it's all about making the book fabulous :)

Eva S said...

Hi Nicola,
I recently read your "Mistress to the Tycoon" and loved it! Your books are on my wishlist. Desert books are my favotites and I'll love to read this one!

EllenToo said...

I have to confess I haven't read very many of your books but THE DESERT PRINCE'S PROPOSAL sounds really interesting and Bria sounds like the type of heroine I like.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicola,
Do you have a scene in your mind that you haven't been able to fit into one of your stories yet?

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Eva S,
I'm so thrilled you enjoyed Mistress to the Tycoon.
Ariel is one of my favourite heroines!!!
And Brunswick Street in Melbourne is a fabulous cultural hub. So interesting, my ed said I brought it alive to the extent she wanted to visit :)

Hope you enjoy The Desert Prince's Proposal as much :)

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

That's fine, Ellen, maybe you can kickstart a habit with The Desert Prince's Proposal? ;) lol

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Wow, Susan, what a fabulously unique question.

I've been asked loads of questions over the years but never that one.

Scenes are unique to each book so when they pop into my head I try to work them in.

The ones that don't I jot down for future use :)

Anonymous said...

Nicola, I have not read any of your books but after visiting your website I'm already adding some to my TBB pile.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

That's great, Kimmy :)

Which ones are you interested in reading?
I like hearing what appeals to new readers :)

Anonymous said...

Nicola,
Mistress to the Tycoon
Purchased for Pleasure
Contract to Marry
Two-Week Mistress

You have some really great books.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Kimmy,
you've chosen all of my favourites!!!

3 of those are my 'sexy' books and Contract to Marry is a fave too. I love the younger heroine showing the older hero to have fun. Darcy's cute!

Two-Week Mistress features my cheekiest heroine yet, Tahnee really teases Bo.

As for Purchased for Pleasure...a Navy SEAL hero bought at a bachelor auction by his ex...don't need to say anything else :)

And artist Ariel in Mistress to the Tycoon certainlyl meets her match in Cooper Vance.

Hope you enjoy them all :)
And let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading the comments. I have read several of your books and enjoyed them all
JWIsley@aol.com
JOYE

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Thanks Joye,

I love hearing from happy readers :)

Thanks for taking the time to let me know.